10 Field Service Management Software Key Functions
Field Service Management Software also called Job Management Software is just that, a better and more resourceful way of managing your field staff from the office. And in these new times, the office could be anywhere! That’s why you can use FM Planner from any handheld device and have access to the same information as your desktop. No more waiting to get back to the office to complete tasks, tick them off as your waiting at the drive through! Then free up more time to work on your business goals. Take the chaos out of running your business by having everything you could need stored on one system, backed up to keep it safe and organised so you’ll have never felt so efficient!
10 Field Service Management Software - Key Functions
1. Electronic Job sheets – Completed on any handheld device and sent straight to the office
2. Add users as you grow – Include Office or Field members
3. Planned or reactive work – Update assigned jobs and routes to maximise efficiency and urgency straight to the field
4. Convert quotes to invoices – Get paid quicker at the click of a button
5. Active calendar – Show work activity, staff holiday, Engineer availability
6. Job costing – Add quote value, Labour costs, Materials
7. Client Directory – Keep documents, jobs, quotes all in one place
8. Dashboard – Get a snapshot view on the go
9. Insurance Manager – Upload insurance docs, set reminders
10 Sub -Contractors – Assign sub-contractors’ jobs, upload docs, contact & payment details
1. Electronic Job sheets – Engineers can update and sign off job sheets at each job, arriving at the office in real-time. No more waiting for those paper job sheets to arrive before you can check through and get those all-important invoices out!
2. Add users as you grow – As your Business grows add users at any time including office or field staff. Give different control and access depending on their role. Users can also request holidays straight through the system.
3. Planned or reactive work – Plan in jobs to sites easily in advance and manage with reminders and automatic entry into the Active Calendar. Reactive work can be instantly available and updated between the office and the field. No need for all that wasted time trying to get through to busy Engineers on the move.
4. Convert quotes to invoices – As soon as the work is complete, with Job Sheets already signed off and in the system send straight to invoice. Converting all quotes into invoices at the click of a button will help you to stay on top of your finances and get paid quicker!
5. Active calendar – Easily see planned jobs, engineer availability, holidays, and absences for each day. Help to make the most of availability by adding jobs to available slots for each engineer throughout the day.
6. Job costing – Do you find it hard to see if you’re charging the right amount for work? Allocate job costs to each quote and get an in summary look at profit or loss. Keep on track if you’re making the right profit for your time and expertise.
7. Client Directory – Keep all your client information in one place. Contact names, addresses, quotes, jobs, and all documents are all easily and conveniently accessible. ABC search function or type the name into the search bar and have all your client information in seconds.
8. Dashboard – See everything you need to start your day at one glance. Today and tomorrow’s jobs are listed, times and engineers assigned to. Quotes for this and the previous month with a total cost of sales and profits show how your business is doing and helps you keep track of finances.
9. Insurance Manager – Keep all your insurance documents in one place. Set reminders for van or car insurance, public liability, office, or employee, whatever insurances you need to pay. For renewals, set reminders so you can never miss a renewal again, ensuring you get the best prices and keep that bottom line down!
10. Sub -Contractors – Our Users don’t need to be employees, give access to your Sub-Contractors too. Allocate jobs to sub-contractors easily and in the same way you do for employees, allowing them easy access to your online job sheets and digital sign-off. Keep their contact and payment details in one place, as well as store documents such as invoices paid.
In the round having a field service management software system can really help streamline a business. Creating value whilst helping reduce overhead costs, improving invoicing turnaround times which helps with cash flow in a business.
FM Planner offers a sign-up system, ready to go! However, should you require a more tailored field service management software system for your business needs, then a design and build option is available! See our other website New Targets for more details, or please feel free to get in touch Tel: 0203 488 4863
Job Sheets completed on handheld devices becoming stored and available at the Office automatically.
Add users at any time. As your business grows you can include Field or Office employees. Keep control of access on the system. Use on any internet-enabled device.